Tailgating is the best way to show support for your favorite team and make some wonderful fall memories with your friends. But big game excitement means big appetites. These are some of our favorite tailgate recipes that are sure to satisfy.
Tasty Eggplant Dip
Prep time 10 mins Serves 4
- 1 pouch Tasty Bite® Punjab Eggplant
- 8oz whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped Parsley
- In a large bowl place cream cheese parsley and Punjab eggplant
- Gently fold ingredients together until mixed
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes and enjoy
Tasty 3 Layer Dip
Prep time 10 mins Serves 4-6
- 2 Pouches of Tasty Bite® Madras Lentils
- 1 ½ cups Sour Cream
- 1 ½ cups of Guacamole
- 1 large bag of Tortilla Chips
- In an 8×8 inch pan pour out the ingredients in the following order:
- Bottom Layer: 2 Pouches of Madras Lentils
- Middle Layer: ½ cup of sour cream
- Top Layer: Guacamole
Tip: Refrigerate product for 1-2hrs to set in mold if desired.
Tasty Gametime Wings (Szechuan and Teriyaki)
Prep time 25 mins Serves 8-10
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 1 qt vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg Spice and SimmerTM Szechuan Simmer Sauce
- 1 pkg Spice and SimmerTM Teriyaki Simmer Sauce
- ¼ cup water
Sauce Preparation (Prepare Each Sauce Separately)
- In a sauce pan, heat olive oil
- Add spice pack from Spice and Simmer sauce, sauté for 30 seconds
- Add sauce and 1\4 cup of water and set aside
- Preheat vegetable oil in a large pan to approximately 350oF
- Place chicken in a bowl, add season salt and marinade from Spice & SimmerTM sauce
- Flour chicken and fry in hot oil till golden brown (about 8 minutes)
- Place chicken in a bowl and coat with Spice and SimmerTM sauce
Tasty Loaded Potato Skins
Prep time 75 mins Serves 8-10
- 2 pouches of Tasty Bite® Madras Lentils
- 10 Medium to Large Russet Potatoes
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- ½ cup chives
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry potatoes. Prick each potato in several places with a fork or tip of a paring knife. Bake potatoes for 30-45 minutes or until they are soft when gently squeezed. Remove from the oven and let cool until they are cool enough to handle.
- Split each potato lengthwise. Using a spoon or scoop, remove the flesh from the inside of each potato half, leaving about a ¼ inch border of flesh on each potato skin.
- Melt the butter and add the salt and pepper. Brush the inside and outside of each potato skin with the butter mixture. Turn the potatoes over, skin side up and place on a baking sheet lined with a rack or parchment paper. Return the skins to the 400 degree oven and bake 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the oven. Let cool for about 5 to 10 minutes. Make sure the skins are at room temperature before filling.
- Fill with toppings in the following order: 2 Tablespoons of Madras Lentils and sprinkle of cheese
- Return to the 400 degree oven to warm filling, about 3 to 5 minutes. Top with sour cream and chives. Serve skins warm or at room temperature.