In a 2012 study, 52% of Americans (polled numbers) said that doing their taxes was easier than figuring out how to eat healthy (Matthews 2012). An average American eats out about 4 times a week. It is not so much the scarcity of time, it is more about finding easy recipes for busy weeknights. Meal times should not be stressful, and recipes should be adaptable to our busy lifestyle, without having to compromise on taste or healthfulness. Try these quick and healthy Tasty Bite® recipes. Tasty Bite® is a great way to add a kick of flavor to any meal!
Do tell us in your comments how you altered the recipes and which one is your favorite.
1- Tasty Channa Masala pita pockets
Mix and match, add grilled chicken or top it with fried bacon bits…choose your possibilities.
2 packs of Tasty Bite Indian Channa Masala
6 pita pockets
1 medium onion chopped or sliced
½ cup Lettuce of choice
1 ½ cup raw veggies of your choice ( carrots, sweet peppers, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes)
For the sauce
¼ cup ketchup
1 tsp garam masala
- In a bowl microwave the Tasty Bite® Channa Masala
2. Heat the pita bread in a pan ( if you like it warm or serve at room temperature)
3. Chop the veggies, onions and lettuce
4. Mix the tomato ketchup with garam masala
5. Hold the pita in one hand and add 2-3 tbsp of Tasty Bite® Channa Masala, a spoonful of ketchup and the veggies of your choice.
2 – Tasty Madras Lentil Veggie Naan Pizza
Life has many pizzabilities and here is ours, we love a kick of flavor in our pizza.
1 packet Tasty Bite® Madras Lentils
1 cup of your favorite veggies ( sweet peppers, green peppers, onion, broccoli)
¾ cup fresh mozzarella
1 tbsp crushed pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
Fresh basil to garnish you can also use cilantro or dill
- Preheat the oven to 300F
- Add madras lentils to the naan, half on each pizza
- Toss the veggies in olive oil
- Add veggies on the naan
- Add cheese on the veggies
- Bake for 8-10 min or till cheese melt
- Add additional olive oil if you like
Garnish with crushed pepper and fresh basil and serve hot. Naan tends to burn easily as it is not as thick as a pizza …so keep watch.
Matthews, Jania. “Americans Find Doing Their Own Taxes Simpler Than Improving Diet and Health.” FoodInsight.org, International Food Information Council Foundation, 22 May 2012, bit.ly/2xacJYz.